Finally Over It
The way the season ended that is. I allowed myself to watch that game against the Cardinals, and I think I’m able to move on now.
That said, I had a rather extended grieving/mourning period.
I really believed. I really thought it was going to happen. Hell, part of me even believed that Bud Selig had preordained that Chipper was going to go out with a ring.
Then that game happened. Such hope. Such disappointment. Such embarrassment.
Anger, frustration, more anger, sadness, disbelief, despair. Over and over.
I don’t think it would have been as bad had I not convinced myself that I wasn’t going to be let down this year. But I was. In a really big way.
That fucking game.
Then I watched it again.
I saw brilliance in Heyward and Freddie, that Uggla can be not horrible and frustrating all the time, and realized that Simmons is going to be much better as a result of it all.
And Chipper is gone, so it’s on them to make the future, and not for him to correct the past.
And so, I’m over it now, and over lying to myself that I wouldn’t care as much this season.
And you know why, right?
Because FUCK YEAH BRAVES!!!
12 Notes/ Hide
- yuihirasanta reblogged this from fuckyeahbraves
- tdg42008 reblogged this from fuckyeahbraves and added:
- fuck-yeah-frederick likes this
- sadorfdreaming likes this
- amandamaea likes this
- alligsunshine likes this
- professor-perfect31 likes this
- josiahtaylorhall reblogged this from fuckyeahbraves
- josiahtaylorhall likes this
- americamademe likes this
- thecurrerbell reblogged this from fuckyeahbraves
- becsology likes this
- wideeyedandreckless likes this
- fuckyeahbraves posted this